Monday, December 10, 2007

Homeless but Happy

I'm just saying that I am still alive! Been keeping busy squatting at other people's houses. Thanks to CK, Veron, Raymond, Joe and Maylin for the glorious Canning St.
Thanks to Kee Hong, Damien and 24 for the most comfy couch ever in the Verve.
Thanks Sujen and Sing for letting me crash in Milano!
Thanks Evan for travel, accommodation, food and the nice beaches in Geelong!

So i'm saying my goodbyes and catching up with people. But i am also seriously reconsidering staying in Melbourne next year.
Most people know about new developments which have pretty considerable sway to staying in Melbourne. *wink*

Apart from that, i caught up with Chin Yee who did the math and showed me: Assuming graduate pay in Malaysia is RM 2000, that is AUD 700 (exaggerated estimate) Graduate pay in Australia is AUD 40 k a year. that makes it AUD 3k a month. even if i worked PART TIME... with min wage of AUD 17/hour, that makes it AUD 510/week for 30 hours... also around AUD 2k a month. assuming rent and food can equal AUD 1000, i would still make more than if i worked full time at home.. AARRGGHHH!!!

Somemore, all the good bands/artists are coming next year! So geram that there weren't many good concerts this year! I would go to:
  • Matchbox Twenty
  • Maroon 5
  • Jack Johnson
  • KT Tunstall
  • Michael Buble (maybe)
  • Foo Fighters

What the heck!??! Why now!?!? Why all at once?!?!?! SO CRUEL!!! You torment meeeeee!!!! *breaks down in tears*
This is exactly what happened when i left England... Had tickets for Matchbox Twenty but never went to watch. WHY!?!?!?!

sorry, that was a bit of a confusing rant. Also, i love the place i realise.
I love the freedom.
I love the food.
I love the friends.
I love the coffee..

How Leh?!? Just enjoy first? Ok. I think i also have to talk a lot of things through with my parents when they come on saturday. but til then, enjoy lah!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't imagine life without u~I care more than the food k!!
Veron

chooi chuan yeoh said...

AHhh..wanted to ask you to go watch matchbox 20!!!

Jeannie said...

*sniff*
i also want leh..
=(
and jack johnson...
even if i stayed here see where all my money would go..
hahaha

Anonymous said...

STAY STAY STAY!!!
In the name of LOVE!!!

Cleverkiwibird said...

...

for u people who never pay tax...

max tax in aus is 47% in msia is 26%...

and EVEN if ur rent and food only AUD1000......(i doubt it..u would be going out more when u start working)

EVEN if... it wouldnt be a standard of living that u are living right now..without help from parents.

LOL..

But yes...stay in the name of LOVE.

That i agree..sometimes the heart takes over the mind..

kaiyau said...

Aiyo.. my music buddy gone who gonna go M20 concert with me..
I dilemma la.. no one to go with.. OK but now i know CC wants to go :)