Monday, March 08, 2010

India Alive!

Three months into the year and my last post was in November of last! *gasp*
Unforgiveable.
On the off chance people may still perceive this blog to be alive, i shall jot down my observations of India.
What is that? Yes.. i Did go to India (finally!) and i have to say to my former postmodernist tutor NO! I did NOT prepare myself spiritually for it and I think i came out FINE. *pooh pooh*
Anyway, the place is simultaneously frustrating, amazing, beautiful, dirty, friendly, full of con-artists and really infuriatingly a hodge podge of humanity. You get the best AND the worst, i reckon. However, i think the craziest thing of all is how in that huge mess that it is, the place just works.
How can a town full of cows and goats and shit all over, with nary a proper sewage system, zooming rickshaws everywhere and just a seething mass of people... how can it work? But it does! And that is Incredible India. Love it and hate it all at once.
Anyhoos, a little teaser to whet your appetite and hopefully I will get to uploading and blogging more in the near future :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds interesting... Wish I had the cash-monies...

Jeannie said...

Actually, the whole trip cost under AUD 1,000.
Including air fares and shopping!
Pretty decent if you ask me!

Unknown said...

Heck, yeah! That's awesome!