Thursday, February 07, 2008

Huat is for Good Fortune!

Gong Hei Fatt Choy!
Today was eventful.. i had my first corporate interview which was pretty... intense!
Do most interviews last for an hour? It wasn't even petty banter, just me being extremely talkative (probably to my detriment) but I didn't really feel intimidated. That's the main thing, right?
Fingers crossed but I'm not EXCESSIVELY bothered either way. I'm also not excessively sure, so we'll see how it goes.

It is... Chinese New Year Eve! For the first time, I am having dinner in KL as opposed to the usual extended family dinner in Ipoh. mmm.. can only hope it will not be too jammed on the way home tomorrow.
But anyway, for those who could not come home to have the customary family reunion, there was always each other (the Lonely Hearts Club as I like to call it) and ironically enough, after all those years living together, i also felt i was missing out on a 'family reunion' of sorts. (Naturally I had to call them, I can't be too left out!) I MISS YOU ALL! CC, SING, DAMIEN, AARON (of course, right?), JOE JOE, JIT!! ( i didn't talk to the rest of you.. pooh pooh... but veron and ck, i miss you guys too!)

*sigh* but i can't really complain. family dinners in the small family (parents and brothers) are usually jovial affairs, as evidenced by my brother's collapsing on the floor in tears as the rest of us laughed for 5 minutes straight.
And despite warning, he laughed out his food onto us again. Yuck.
He did that with curry just last week. Possibly the most disgusting food to be spat out onto someone.

Sorry if i just killed some appetites. Anyhoos, the main gist of this post (or the intended gist initially) was to wish everyone Gong Hei Fatt Choy and Happy Year of the Rat! As an attendee of the Joey Yap Feng Shui talk, I must tell you that it is VERY difficult to have bad luck (too many conditions to fulfil) so... You make your own fortune and future!
Here is a cute fella saying gong xi gong xi.


As with all my images, i googled it. I'm sure that Thomas, who, coincidentally I know (haha.. his image is first for gong xi baby.. nice), will not mind me commandeering it. Thanks dude! Small world..

Alrighty... Driving tomorrow beckons, therefore.. early night for me!
Year year got fish; have more food (sheesh, i feel fatter already), Good fortune good health and all that jazz, okay?

3 comments:

Soliloquy said...

Ar Jeannie Poo!! I just watched the Petronas ad, the boy damn cute ! and eating a bowl of udon in front of the computer at work, oh there goes my lunch time (head drops on to the floor*)

Dong Dong Dong Chiang, Happy CNY to me~

yapthomas said...

I will charge you royalty fee over the usage of that photo!

Well... maybe not..

Damien Wong said...

oh well..miss u too and march is just 3 weeks away!