Thursday, February 14, 2008

Of Naked, Winged Children and their Weapons

It is two and a half hours into the American greeting card company-made occassion that is Valentine's Day and usually, i would be bitter.

From the brilliant people at xkcd

But today [let me indulge in a bout of mushy girlfriend-ness] i am all alone but beaming from ear to ear.
Yes. I have been struck by myboyfriendisthebestintheworld-itis and it seems there is no cure. Can i gloat? Please? It's my blog, right?
He of impeccable timing did get his mail to arrive on the 13th, and while I was out of the house nonetheless, so that really, I received it an hour before midnight. Impeccable! I, on the other hand, failed miserably, a preemie of a thing arriving no less than ONE WEEK earlier! Disgraceful.
And can i also add that i love the gift for the thought and the time (on top of that house hunting AND uni work). I promise I'm not just saying it because it's supposedly my sacred duty!

Because the people at Someecards are brilliant

Alright, i'm done gloating. Those who cringe at mushiness can start reading again.
My plans for Valentine's Day. I am spending it with Jason who is visiting. Haha.. Romantic, yes?

Anyhoos, I am all in romantique mood after watching many DVDs in my brother's place.
For any Beatles fan (and i think that covers half the world, no? I believe you are either a Beatles fan or someone who has yet to listen to the Beatles), may i highly recommend the movie Across the Universe. I have fallen completely for the music that is old Beatles records resung by the cast of the movie. And very well too, may I add. Makes you realise how versatile the songs are to fit many situations. Alright there were druggy bits in the middle, but still... So good.
As is my custom, I have ripped off clips from Youtube to post here. Check out some of my fave songs from the movie!


All You Need is Love (and why not this song on Valentine's Day?) by Jim Sturgess


Hey Jude by Joe Andersen

Okay. So maybe I'm a Beatles fan and also because I find the two of them incredibly cute (with amazing voices to boot) but yeah. That's enough for swooning girls, right? [Look at me talking about other boys on Valentine's]

Anyhoos, all this Beatles music makes me happy. Oh, Valentine's presents make me happy too. Ah well. In the immortal words of Rod Stewart (although i'm positive this is a cover)
I'm in the mood for love...
and anyone who can't take it can shoot me (metaphorically, of course)

No comments: