Monday, January 01, 2007

Hello 2007

Maybe it was 2006's way to give me a final kick - if i'm leaving, i'm dragging you down with me. In any case, i inexplicably woke up on the last day of the year, shivering. i was nearly delusional, half believing my dream for a good 15 minutes. Finally had the sense to take 2 panadols and sleep it off til later. The doctor had the good sense to tell me that i had a 40 degree temperature and also that if i didn't get better in 2 days, it could be dengue fever. now there's a nice thought.
I guess it wasn't too bad. Other than the aches and weak shivers, sweatiness and lack of energy, not many people can claim to sleeping all day and having their food brought to them, right?
Anyway, i think the dengue call's off 'cos my fever broke today. Still not feeling top of the world, but that's no reason not to welcome in the new year. Sorry it wasn't in any grand fashion, but Hello 2007! all the same. May every day of the year only be better. (goodness knows it would be hard pressed to be much worse)

2 comments:

living on borrowed time said...

darling you look like you've lost weight!! enjoy the food while you've got the real Asian taste. IH asian isnt The Real Deal babyy

chary

Jeannie said...

haha... photos must have a slimming effect on me. assure you the food is being consumed.
hope they have good food in cali! sushi rolls, maybe?