Monday, January 15, 2007

Music for any mood...


Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.
~Maya Angelou, Gather Together in My Name

Stay by Lisa Loeb



You say, i only hear what i want to
You say, i talk so all the time
So

And i thought what i felt was simple
And i thought that i don't belong
And now that i am leaving
Now i know that i did something wrong cos i missed you
Yeah, i missed you

You say, i only hear what i want to
I don't listen hard
I don't pay attention to the distance that you're running
Or to anyone, anywhere
I don't understand if you really care
I'm only hearing negative
No, no, no

So i
Turn the radio on
Turn the radio up
And this woman was singing my song
Lovers in love and the other's run away
Lover is crying cos the other won't stay
Some of us hover when we're weeping for the other
Who was dying since the day they were born
Well, this is not that
I think that i'm throwing but i'm thrown

And i thought i'd live forever
But now i'm not so sure
You try to tell me that i'm clever
But that won't take me anyhow, or anywhere
With you

You said that i was naive
And i thought that i was strong
I thought hey i can leave, i can leave oh
But now i know that i was wrong
Cos i missed you
Yeah, i missed you

You said you caught me cos you want me
One day you'll let me go
You try to give away a keeper
Or keep me cos you know
You're just so scared to lose

And you say
Stay

You say, i only hear what i want to

No comments: