Monday, January 22, 2007

My Life's Calling

Ironically, in a football match which didn't concern my team and which i fell asleep in (only towards the end, my eyes refused to open!), it dawned on me what my life's calling would be.
It's perfect. Brilliant.
Actually, it's just an amalgamation of everything I think i'm good at or fancy at the moment.
I will be... ~insert drumroll here~
A copywriter who works from home (or her laptop, rather) therefore allowing the flexibility of being a tour guide (travelling, naturally) which would be an excellent platform for the expansion of her photographic capacities.
*phew*
In short, a copywriting tour guide photographer.
Because not many people know what a copywriter does (being the least known of the jobs), a copywriter writes (gosh) stuff for media - print, radio, tv or otherwise.
i figure malaysia has atrocious english, i could probably slot myself in somewhere. So, copywriting for the money, and cos i'm good with words.
A tour guide for the travelling.
And the photos because I just developed a whole bunch that I can't believe i took with my own two hands (and camera of course). I think i spent too long choosing them because now i'm starting to see the rest of the world as photos waiting to be taken.

The Three Sisters, Katoomba (Australia)

Dromana, Mornington Peninsula (Australia)
Credits: CC for modelling; Nemo for being found

King's Canyon, Central Australia

Base Walk at Uluru [Ayers Rock], Central Australia

Circular Quay, Sydney

Murray River, Echuca (Australia)

Uluwatu Temple [Temple on the Cliff] , Bali

Table Mountain, Cape Town (South Africa)

Maybe one day i'll regret putting all my nice pictures up ready for people to pilfer. But anyhow, for everyone's viewing pleasure. Now imagine what I could do if i actually learned how to play with the settings of my camera? Or got an SLR even?
Well, we can all dream.
Until then, I have to figure out how to fit bartending in my career plan. Maybe just for personal pleasure...


3 comments:

tish said...

Alo, love the job idea..taking photos while getting paid to travel would be amazing! If things work out for us both, i'll be one very jealous accountant :P

Anonymous said...

If you manage to fit bartending in your career plan, try fitting free drinks for me during your bartending career..

Jeannie said...

haha... chances are you'll be an accountant.
and i'll still be unemployed,
but we can both dream =)

and abes,
you owe me drinks before i give them to you free!
i'd love to open a bar someday, but with the number of friends who'd ask for free drinks, it'll be more of a service than a business. =P

here's to getting a rich husband...