Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Wheeee!!!

Passport! Passport! I GOT IT!
I can travel again!

My stupid brother told me to go to Phuket. *frown* (initially i typed bastard but realised the implications of calling your own brother that)
In any case, spending a total of 3 hours on the road and 6 hours waiting in Putrajaya and Damansara offices respectively pays off in the end. (that's just today)

Some stats for general info
Period of time for reissuing : 28 Dec to 30 Jan (1 month, 2 days)
Number of hours on the road : roughly 12 (if not more)
Number of drives to Putrajaya : 6
Number of hours waiting : 16 (if not more)
Number of books read : 4 (no less)
Number of DIFFERENT officers met : 6
Number of DIFFERENT departments referred to : 4
Number of different routes to Putrajaya found : 3

It's been such an effort, I could just kiss my passport. Which is what i proceeded to do...


The story's not over yet, i still have to reapply for my student visa. It expired with my lost passport *snort* which warrants a trip to the Australian Embassy tomorrow morning. Cross fingers it's an easier task.

My only advice is, don't ever lose your passport.

4 comments:

Damien Wong said...

imagine it'll take another few weeks to get your student visa...then you won't be in time to come back to melbourne and run o week! i won't be surprise cos it's malaysia we are talking here!

Anonymous said...

My advice is ask for favours from friends who knows people inside who managed to get his passport done in 2 days and the australian visa approved in another 3 days. *Wink Wink* but of course asking for a favour normally cost something especially if you asked me. Not much, a bottle of lift jeh.

Jeannie said...

abes.. you choose to tell me this AFTER i have gone through all this passport hell right? i'm SORRY u forgot your bottle of lift this time. =(

And the people at the embassy were really helpful. Just dunno whether she means it when she says it should all be done already.

Anonymous said...

That would be due to the fact that you never asked.. =)