Saturday, January 07, 2006

All About Paper

i don't really know why, but as i was seated on the couch watching tv, i suppose my mind must have wandered to kee win showing me his academic transcripts and various other job-hunting qualifications.
i also remember, on the day of his graduation, he sms-ed me from melbourne and it was, quite a simple sms, meant in jest. But think about it:
i spent 3 years in uni and all i got was a lousy piece of paper
Oh my dear lord. He's right.
And then, i thought about well, pretty much everything we strive for.
Money - paper.
Certificate - paper.
Deed - paper.
Cheque - paper.
News - paper. And another thing. As mum and dad were perusing the papers as per their daily ritual, it struck me that, we strive to know every single thing that happens in the world. it's like this desperate struggle to know each little detail. Why?
i am thinking much to much. i'll get wrinkles beyond my age, i just know it. oh well, just because this one's all about paper.A bird. A castle. A basket of flowers.

No comments: