Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Mystery of the Burgeoning Blog Numbers

Like the avid sleuth that I am, I could not let this mystery continue unanswered.
The sudden surge in blog visits and new visitors. What baffled me was why the world suddenly took interest in this random Malaysian girl based in Melbourne.
Perhaps they were taken by my charm?
My witty manner and sharp sarcasm?
My interesting take on life and engaging storytelling?
My gorgeous photography and, naturally, beautiful subject matter?
Surely it was one of these that caught the world's fancy. And perhaps, I was on my way to fame and fortune!

Motivated by this new-found acclaim, I armed myself with stat counters and 'linked from' statistics. Surely then I would find which post had the world so fascinated. Maybe it was my photography of South Africa.
Did people take solace in knowing that at least I shared in their trials and tribulations in the all-pervasive question of love?
Maybe those installations of Things They Don't Teach You in School struck a chord in readers after all.

Excited like a kid at a candy store, i was quickly brought down to earth when i found the source of all this activity.
A picture.
To be precise, a picture that I scammed off someone else on the net. To be precise, this picture:


But yeah... Take your glories when you can. Woohoo! I'm #1 in a Google search! For the Great Barrier Reef nonetheless!
Yes it's an image search. Yes it's not my image. But Woohoo!!! RandomThots makes it mark SOMEWHERE in cyberspace! (even if it's only for a little while)

3 comments:

isaac said...

Hahah.. So that explains it all then.. The random visits from ppl all over the world. But take solace in the fact that reaching number ONE in a google search for something as general as as a search of "Great Barrier Reef" is an awesome achievement.

Though i just replicated your search and unfortunately, that photo is still number 1, but it no longer links to your blog.

daddy said...

Things really linked up together with an invisible hand. I reading about 7 wonder of natural and want to see what is the Great Barrier Reef then i found your blog. which also because your listed in number 1. :-)

free to drop by http://6ky.blogspot.com

Jeannie said...

It's funny how now the image search, when it does, links to this page. If you are a passer-by looking to find out more about the Great Barrier Reef, i invite you to read about my Cairns adventure at this post:
http://cheonghei.blogspot.com/2007/07/back-and-little-brown-aka-great-cairns.html
and if you're a more visual delights kind of person, here are some of my fave pictures of Cairns.
http://cheonghei.blogspot.com/2007/08/photography-corner.html (i only ask that if you like them, please say so so that my ego can expand)