Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Inspiring...

It's funny how sometimes you feel like you've been led somewhere.
I came home and the song 'World on Fire' by Sarah McLachlan was stuck in my head. I could swear i had it in my playlist so commence searching but it's nowhere to be found! (guess i didn't upload EVERYTHING from my cds). Anyway, i google it just to check the title of the song and I came across this site which is basically the whole music video. (At first i didn't realise and was really excited that i could hear the song. You know how it is when you think of something and you HAVE to hear it to be satisfied). So Sarah McLachlan's been nice enough to let her video go on the internet for free. But the message in the video is really inspirational. It makes you remember that not all rich people are mean and selfish and that there are still those who care out there.
In case you're too lazy to get on the site, the gist of it is that there's a home video style recording of her and her guitar, with the song playing of course. But words flash on the screen saying it cost $150 000 to make. Then it asks, what's wrong with this? Because the video only cost $15. And then it lists all the normal video costs - directors, makeup, film crew, catering, editing, etc... and their respective fees. And instead, this money has been sent to India, Africa, South East Asia, everywhere around the world where it is more desperately needed and how much more it has touched the lives of people there.
It's really something that you don't see enough of in the world, and i would urge EVERYONE to watch that video. As if Sarah McLachlan wasn't already high up in my awesomeness list, she's just jumped a few points more. =)
ooooohhh... YouTube lets you upload the whole video HERE! for your convenience!

1 comment:

chooi chuan yeoh said...

Heya.. Sorry to make u feel as if you're victimised. But I hope that U understand that I wasn't picking on you. I hope you will understand to separate ur work and ur personal life.

Just a last piece of advice. I hope that you can actually let go.. and i think you know what I mean. Although it is hard, and I know you're stress.. it is for your own good. think about it.

Btw, I will still respect and support you on what u decide on no matter what u decide. I just hope u make the right decision.