Monday, October 01, 2007

The Wedding: Friends, Family, Food, Alcohol and Many Many Photos!

Right... back in Melbourne where i skipped class for the first time this semester (was too tired and lazy) and slept for 4 hours in the afternoon. Gonna be a sleepless zombie tonight! Anyhoos, was going to start writing my essay but I thought I can't leave people in limbo with the wedding pictures, so here they are!
Flurry of activity at the Reg-o table. My 2nd bro helping out!
The two mothers-in-law (can you tell my mum's the one in blue and yellow?)
Me on stage! Speaking! Me Me Me! haha.. my moment in the spotlight. See... the pro photographer took a better picture)Taiko giving his mucho mushy speech. Many cringe-worthy moments. But i can't speak so much until I fall head over heels in love eh?
Cousin David and I listening intently (thought this shot looked cool)
The cake-cutting and ceremonial feeding each other. Yum yumPouring of the bubbly!
Yam Sing of the bubbly! My cousin said the thingo in Canto and I had to translate... interesting!The Canto toastmaster and my cousins
Most of the girls on my dad's side of the familyCousins Lim (and soon to be Mrs. Lim) and I. Good looking bunch!
My aunty and her gorgeous daughters! I really think they're beautiful... and still young! Also, bro and his gfAnd you wonder how I can drink? Haha.. Very powderful genes! (this is after all the other guests had left)
Such nice colour coordination. I think the pair on the left also will get married eventually, dating for 6+ years already!The Best Man and his fiance (to be married in January) and the newlyweds. Aaaww.. young love.
Maybe a picture of all the girls in the family next time? (dad was having drinks) Dunno man, poor 2nd bro kept getting asked when his wedding would be (in front of her!)
Mum and I posing... camwhores at heart. =)

So, my memories of the wedding:
  • Playing driver for many many people
  • Walking around pouring alcohol for people
  • Helping with the toasting from table-to-table. I thought they were sounding a tad diminished after table 30 so came to contribute my voice (which shocked dad! he didn't know i could Yam Sing!)
  • Talking to bros' friends who have not seen me for 10 years (and were surprised i could drive because obviously i didn't grow from the 8 year old brat!)
  • Speaking on stage in front of 60 tables of people and relatives(!) and being told that the best line was my only unscripted impromptu 'i've always wanted to say this. I'm sorry, we are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please bear with me and we'll be back shortly'. Darn it! obviously wasted too much time writing
  • Translating a cantonese Yam Sing toast. For anyone interested in what they say, The First Toast is to celebrate the union of two people (as cousin put it: 2 become 1), the Second Toast is to hope that they grow old together (as cousin put it: White hair until old) and the Final Toast is to wish that they are blessed with children soon (as cousin put it: make baby ASAP!)
  • Posing for many many pictures for the 'professional' photographer that was wearing what looked like a char kuay teow man shirt with cargo pants and chewing gum [his line being. Ok, look here. One, two, Gat! (wth?)]
  • Receiving my first angpow from taiko and tai soh! (wah.. many more to come!)
  • Going to a church wedding! (yeah aaron, you're right.. it's like.. *scratch head* if you're not from the church)
  • Having crispy hard hair from so much hairspray! But i thought it looked pretty nice leh (albeit a bit ah lian)
  • Playing the event organiser as my brother gave me his timeline and said, you can liaise with the Mandarin Oriental people and the band, and sort out the timing and things. Wah! Felt pretty responsible also. Have to keep the time and cue people and listen to "So, Miss Jeannie, when should we stop the food and have this event that event. (The Mandarin Oriental staff are really awesome tho! So efficient and polite and helpful)
Enough of memories, i think there will be lots more better photos in a month or so when the professional photographer gets his act together. But it was a pretty big, awesome, beautiful ceremony and the first one where I get to sit on the main table (with all the other big people. a bit out lah..) Rather enjoyable and have to make up for it by essay-writing though. Still, a career in event management? I reckon i could do it!

p.s: nah Damien.. for your viewing pleasure!

No comments: