Tuesday, December 20, 2005

And i quote...

"Yes, it was a very pleasant life I lived in those days long ago-- though of course I did not think so then. I was nine and a half years old; and, like all boys, I wanted to grow up--not knowing how well off I was with no cares and nothing to worry me. Always I longed for the time when I should be allowed to leave my father's house, to take passage in one of those brave ships, to sail down the river through the misty marshes to the sea-- out into the world to seek my fortune."
~Hugh Lofting, The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle

Oh My GoOdnEsS! More revelations of my hippie mind! I tell you, subconsciously, all those years ago when i first read this book, i was absorbing all these messages! *gasp*
See, we shouldn't rush growing up. it happens too fast anyway.
Still love the Doctor Dolittle series. (^o^)

No comments: