Monday, November 13, 2006

Conflict is Mind-Numbing

I really don't understand the Israel-Palestine conflict.
I really really really don't.
I don't know who i side
I don't know who is right.
I don't think there's a right. Right is what the winners call their own actions - but there's no winner in this war.
Rights are what make people believe that they can claim land for themselves.
Our holy right. Our birth right. Meh.
I suppose territory is biological, I suppose its welded into the testosterone, or adrenaline, or whatever hormones cause us to be aggressive.
It's just.....
I don't understand conflict.
Maybe it's a middle-class syndrome. You don't see the need for something you don't need.
For all the forgotten deaths in the Israel-Palestine conflict, because we don't think enough of the mothers, fathers, children and friends dying everyday.

No comments: